It’s summertime and even though the school year is over, I’m already looking ahead at the new year! I’ve decided to make a top 5 summer to-do list of goals I’d like to accomplish during my summer vacay to help make the start of the school year go smoothly!
Here they are...
1. I want to dig into my Reading Strategies book and my Writing Strategies book by Jennifer Serravallo. I got these books with some fundraiser money at school this year. I’ve used them already, because they are really awesome, but this summer I’d like to dig deeper into looking through all the strategies!
2. Password cards! One of the biggest classroom management issues I had this year dealt with students losing or forgetting their passwords for the variety of techy things we use. I’d like to make some sort of password card that works best with my classroom setup and goals. My students have to keep up with a variety of passwords. They include; Google Classroom and GMail, Storia, Storybird, Math IXL, and Prodigy. Unfortunately none of their passwords are the same, which can cause some issues! Hopefully I can find a solution for this next group so we have less problems!
3. Attend professional development sessions! So far I already have a couple I’ve signed up to attend. I will be going to a two day session PD on STEAM that is lead by our Discovery Education team! I’m super excited to learn more about this awesome educational initiative! Another is called Oh the Places You’ll Go with Google Expeditions! I can’t wait to learn all I can at both of these learning opportunities!
4. I want to work on my blog! As you can tell, my last blog entry was last summer. I had so many high hopes to keep up with it and things got in the way! This summer I want to get a head start on my blog and try to make it a regular thing to keep up with! I follow so many really great teacher bloggers out there and I want to join them in inspiring anyone who comes across my blog!
5. And finally, I want to relax a little! Teachers work very hard during the school year and I know I'll be working some this summer but I have to find time to refuel! You can't poor from an empty cup! Days at the gym, days by the pool, and some good Netflix binging will do the trick!
As you can tell my summer goals are a wide range of tasks, but all of them will help improve me as a teacher and as a person! I love learning new things and I love to share the things I learn. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about my summer “teacher” plans and I hope I’ve encouraged you to make some of your own!
About my Blog
This blog is a place for me to share my ideas and teaching style with anyone that is interested! I'm a 2nd grade teacher who loves what she does! I love sharing with others, which is why I've decided to use this blog to show different things I do in my classroom! You are free to comment or email me any questions.